Monday, April 27, 2015

Day 21: Energy and My Baltimore

When I got home today, I smiled and said what a great day today was. Then I looked at my digital Washington Post and hear the helicopters and sirens that were too far to hear at work. Reality set in. As I started to ponder this I wasn't sure what I was thankful for. My heart is heavy and so shaken by all that is happening so close to home. I don't know what to say. I don't know what I can do. I close my eyes and pray, but all that happens is tears flow. The thing that comes to mind is...
Greater things have yet to come, greater things are still to be done in this city... I never thought that applied to home but today... To Baltimore, which I visit at least once a week... I had no idea you held so much pain and anguish within your borders...

When I think about my day, it pales in comparison to the days of others whose lives were destroyed. I think of the children my friend teaches in the city. What was their day like? I think of my friend whose husband is in blue. What was their day like? I feel guilty talking about my day. 

I will anyway but I'll keep it brief. Thanks to my rest yesterday, I felt energized today, took on the day despite many wrenches hurdled at me and only needed like 1/2 my normal coffee intake!!!:) Hoping to keep sleep to 8 hours- no less his week to keep the energy flowing.

Back to what I was saying before. If you are reading this, please pray for my Baltimore. No, I am not one of those pain in the butt Marylanders who goes once a year and claims it as theirs, but I truly love this city. As I type, I have heard a helicopter and 3 sets of sirens. I had no clue it could get so close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment