Sunday, April 26, 2015

Day 19: Time

Today, I had the luxury of time. I was able to have the time to study for 3 straight hours this morning into the afternoon, then work on a project this evening for a solid 4.5 hours. I had no idea it would take me that long, but I am so thankful I had the time to work on it. So often, I am simply rushed and have to get things done and feel the heat, but today, I could focus on a task at a time and work through things.

Now, I am by no means much further on my list, but I feel better. Tomorrow is my rest day. Tomorrow's rest day will be modified to include time to clean. My room is a disaster and needs to be cleaned/organized. I will mandate myself to sleep in, I'll meet a friend for some lunch, then I'll head back and clean on my own watch. If I get overwhelmed by the thought of work at any point, I'll give myself permission to work on one project, but no more and I will give myself a time limit. Otherwise, no work until Monday. I need tomorrow to cool my coals and gear up for what very well may be the craziest week of the semester.

On another note, after some thought and reflection, I have decided to disable my Facebook, at least for the time being. I need a break from it all. I am so overwhelmed by the idea that there are real live people around me daily that I miss because I am so captivated by looking at people's 'highlight reel', which breeds jealousy in me and thoughts that are not thoughts I want to have about my friends. I don't understand why it has become okay for people to share photos, thoughts, reflections, and feelings with 1,000 of their 'friends', when true friends are sitting there waiting for them to call, spend time with them, share a photo with them directly, or reach out. This is going to be hard for me. I have people all over the world who will not even blink at the fact that I am not on facebook anymore. But, this will make me take a look at the relationships I have and decide which were superficial and superfluous, and which are meaningful and ones that I need to truly foster and hold dear to me.

I have so much on my heart and mind tonight, but I will share more tomorrow, as I hope to write a bit of a longer blog, since it's my down day:) My heart is heavy and I certainly think there's a reason I have this burden. I am both nervous and excited to see where this leads. More tomorrow.

Till then, be safe. Love those around you. As we taught our kids tonight, be a part of the SOLUTION, not the problem... boy does that ever reign true tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Michelle and i will be praying that you can get everythung done with little stress. Hugs sweet girl. AJ

    ReplyDelete