Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Days 26, 27, and 28- Mayhem, Tears and Agony

The title says it all. A bit melodramatic, maybe, but it captures it perfectly. Friday began an uphill battle I had no idea I was about to begin. It started in a doctor's office, who told me to rest. This may've been the right call, but I tried so hard to function and keep going, doing my normal Saturday tasks, which certainly blessed me with the gift of laughter as I led my 2-3rd graders in some awesome discussion about honesty, I went out with a friend after to bless her with the gift of giving to the Baltimore food drive, which then blessed me the next day when I got to bring the things back. I ended up in bed that whole next day as well as Monday.... the decision to call what I had viral and 'go rest', spun me out.. I had the worst migraine of my life Saturday and Sunday nights, almost driving myself to the ER Sunday.

Thankfully, an amazing classmate came and got me Monday and drove me to the doctor, because I was so unwell. They gave me meds, and later admitted they should've sent me to the hospital. Thankfully, however, I was able to break the migraine with the meds they gave me and am at about 50% of my normal self now. My appetite is slowly but surely coming back... To give you an idea of how out of it and easily upset I was today, someone took the spot I wanted and had waited for but missed by a second and I literally burst into tears, started sobbing and crying and hitting my steering wheel.... it was one of THOSE days... one of those days you think only happen in movies until you find yourself smack dab in the middle of one and go 'ohhhhh...'. One of those days where you're sitting in class and inexplicably burst into tears and need to excuse yourself. One of those days. I don't cry in public.... but... I'm starting to reassess that statement after the frequency I've cried in public lately....

If this wasn't enough, the job opportunity I wanted... that  I NNEEEEDDDED to keep myself sane next semester, didn't end up working out. I am so happy for those who got it, but am 100% throwing myself a pity party over this. I need to pick up a lot more work over the summer to compensate and need to figure out how to make this work next semester without getting as sick as I am at the moment again... and next semester is gonna be a lot harder... So that's where I've been. Headed back to work tomorrow and praying I don't end up with pneumonia and worse off.... final push to get these assignments done, even though the wind that was beneath my sails is long gone... 

No comments:

Post a Comment