Thursday, May 7, 2015

Day 30: Broken to Whole

This photo was taken this morning. I saw it and thought... Wow...that sums up this week perfectly. When I cleaned it up this song came to mind...

'Broken heart, one more time,
Pick yourself up, why even cry,
Broken pieces, in your hands,
Wonder how you'll make it whole,
You know, you pray, 
This can't be the way,
You cry, you say,
Something's got to change,
And mend this porcelain heart,
Of mine.'

This morning I woke up with energy for the first time in over a week. I got ready for the day and baked for my class...then this happened. It grabbed my attention. It could've messed me up, but instead it let me reflect. This week felt a lot like that jar. Like someone took me and accidentally knocked me over the edge that I didn't know I was going over. The edge I have so carefully balanced on surface of to prevent the slightest disturbance and compensating when it came. This time there was a huge push that came out of nowhere and there was no saving me.

Thankfully, 3 days later, here I am, picking up the pieces, choosing to move on and keep going. I have cried many tears, I have begged and pleaded, but God grabbed my hands, wiped my skinned knees, kissed them, and pulled me out of them mud. A few new scars, mud on my clothes, new stories and experiences, but one day I will look back and say 'ohh that's why that needed to happen.' At least that is what I am praying will happen. 

Today I had the opportunity to present to my classmates about the tough out important subject of bereavement and how we can support our students through  grief-filled situations. I had no idea how charged this presentation would be or how impactful and I feel honored to be the one who had the opportunity to share it with the class. 

Afterwards I came home and made some dinner. Never do you find joy in cooking as much as after your body rejects food for 4 days.... Here's a shot of my dinner coming... Yummy!!! 


Excited for summery dinners!!!:)

2 more assignments then my evenings and down time will be filled with odds and ends and projects I've been wanting to do... Some will benefit YOU:) *wink* ohh you know some music projects and I want to get writing an autobiography that may or may not ever see the light of day.... Time will tell:) have a happy Friday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment